Friday, December 17, 2010

Introducing Randobubba

Hello there, and welcome to my blog.  My name is Bill, but on the internet, more people know me as Bubba.  I've been a cyclist most of my life, but starting in 2011, I'm beginning an exploration into randonneuring.  I'll get into the details as we move forward.  I'm learning about the details right now for myself.  Suffice it to say that randonneuring is long-distance cycling.  It's not competitive, but it does have time limits.  Individual rides, or brevets, have a specific route, and start at a specific time.  People who choose to ride them have a primary goal: to finish.  These events have several specific typical distances: 200km, 300km, 400km, 600km, and 1200km.  That's ~125miles for a 'short' ride up to ~750 miles for a long one.  In 2011 I intend to do several of these rides.  In the process I expect to learn a lot about myself and what my capabilities are.  If everything goes well, this journey will lead up to doing the crown-jewel event in randonneuring: Paris-Brest-Paris in 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment